Monday, June 13, 2005

Metalmania, trolls and the letter E

After my bags finally came down the belt at the airport I realized it was over. Its been over a year that I have been planning this trip to CKU- Masters and it lived up to my expectations fully!! To say I had a great time would be a understatement. I was lucky that once again I chose classes that I totally enjoyed. But to be honest even if the classes hadn't been wonderful I think I would still be saying I had a great time because I feel totally blessed to have traveled with two awesome ladies who kept me laughing the entire trip and put up with my idosynchrocies that seemed to be magnified with each day I went without enough sleep! Can you even imagine how scatterbrained I was after 4 days and 16 hours of sleep?(which I think is a very accurate number)
The hightlights in random order:
Make and takes.... Tim Holtz (I didn't get a class) little necklace using his inks and stamping..WOW! Heidi Swapp's soo cute 9x9 canvas album which we painted (and even mine looked good) The gratitude album which I will finish --The vagabond valise class which I truely had a duh moment about adhering paper to covers...(almost makes me want to do another circle journal... hahaha not really) sitting behind the masters of the universe at the tailgate party.... hmmm odiferous metalmania.... winning a flower and getting a "secret" class with Heidi Swapp--which I was really too tired to realize was sooo cool...Sitting next to a hall of famer in my perfect pocket book class... learning that Heidi will be published and knowing I saw the layout before it was sent in..... Finding my letter E that was missing for months stuck to the back of my paper trimmer (who would have thought to look for it there?) dancing on the table with my fav bookclub mates.... giggling with leah as we realized we got a table all to ourselves... scrapping on the floor with Tracy White....

I know I must have looked as tired as I felt when I got home because Mike actually suggested I take a nap... I couldn't love him anymore than that moment... ohhh it was good to be home!

Did I mention I saw a real live troll.....

3 comments:

Heidi Cocca said...

I seriously can't stop laughing at your post... I had a great time too -- wouldn't have been the same without you & Leah! Provo here we come!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Vicki, not only do you do cool layouts, but you write well, too!! Can't wait to see & hear more at NYOBC!! Love the picture of you & Heidi Swapp!

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
What I love about your blog entry is that you write like you talk! I can actually hear you saying that all out loud! Sounds like you all had a great time.

Sue