Saturday, June 25, 2005

A perfect day

Exactly how do you describe a perfect day? I think it starts out by surrounding yourself with wonderful people.... I woke up to a "pink" bag by the bed... and only a perfect husband could fill the bag with wonderful goodies from victoria secret... I would have never bought a red and white polka dot bra for myself but let me tell you it does put a smile on a girls face!!! and it screams SUMMER!!
Reality sunk in and it was time to go to work... as I climbed in my car there was yet another surprise... the cutest birthday ballon!! couldn't help but giggle over that... Yes that man is mine and I am not sharing!
My "space" at work was decorated with birthday ribbons and card that made silly firetruck noises and a homemade cake from Cindy... the flower store across the street brought a wonderful arrangement of plants and purple roses... but it does get better... As Cindy kept pushing me to work alittle faster (yes that was unusual and a bit annoying) ... another delivery was made from my bosses... more flowers!!! and a message to go home as soon as I finished up.... WOW!!! (thank you Cindy for making sure I was "done") You don't have to tell me to leave twice... out the door!!

Did I mention I had the most wonderful husband??? Well as I was driving to work he had stayed home long enough to bake a cake... so As I walked into my kitchen I found lots of pots and pans and two cake pans with chocolate cakes waiting to be frosted... (smile)
I know your thinking that was a perfect day... but its not over ... heck its only 2:00 in the afternoon... I opened the mail to find a card... the best kind of card-- one made by hand from my scrappin buddy Heidi... (insert another smile here!) I read emails from old co-workers who I miss so much... and I spent a glorious afternoon in the garden....
After an evening of long island Iceteas... steaks grilled to perfection and chocolate chocolate cake that Amanda and Corey showed up with boxes and boxes of summer clothes from her and Christopher (that just happen to fit both Amanda and I!) and a bird house that Amanda announced matches one she JUST bought for her house too! AHHH it was a perfect day!!!
I am blessed and who ever said "older is better" certainly knew what they were talking about!!!
The happiest me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds like you had a greeeeeeaaaaat day. If your DH ever holds classes, let me know because I'll send mine- he could use some serious training.

polka dot bra, huh?

Heidi Cocca said...

Glad that the card made it on time & that you had a great day!!