Sunday, August 07, 2005

The big Move



Well- We did it.. we moved Amanda and Kevin (my nephew) into their new digs... What a long long weekend. There are more stairs in that townhouse than anyone should have... but I do think I worked off my morning donut!

It was so exciting to see Amanda making decisions that I know have been on her mind for months... where to put the silverware-- where to hang pictures... etc...

The house looks terrific and I just hope that the karma we decided was there (the last owner just got his PHD at Tech...) stays and blesses her with many good times!

This is such a learning experience for her.. She lived in dorms last year but this time around she will have to be responsible for all the demands of a house. She is already feeling the sting of money as she had to pay a hefty $120 deposit to her Gas company. And low and behold I think she realizes that she had it good at our house as they have no toaster or even a kitchen trash can!! just to name a few things that we all take for granted... but before we all start feeling bad-- Mom and Dad shelled out funds for hoses, lightbulbs, new broom, outdoor trashcans and the $500 moving van!! (I will rant about that later!)Curtain rods, the showercurtain rod... need I go on... needless to say it was a very expensive weekend...
but you know what?
I wouldn't have missed it for anything in the world... My baby is growing up and shes doing a fine job!!

2 comments:

Heidi Cocca said...

The house looks great! Congratulations to Amanda (& to you too!!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, pretty nice digs for a college kid - won't be long til she realizes how truly great MOM & DAD are & have been for years!!! Wasn't this almost as difficult as watching them go off to the first day of school?!