Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dark-- sometimes its just not a nice place to be

Ok I had to drive home from work in the DARK.... somehow that doesn't seem right... can't we adjust our work schedules when we turn back the clocks.... I suppose I have about 2 months of this til the sun catches up with me again....

speaking of dark... this morning when it was still dark I got one of "those" phone calls... the kind from your child where you just want to hug them and make their life all better... only you can't because they are all grown up and in the real world a hug and a kiss won't make roommate problems or bad test scores or broken hearts go away. I swore to myself awhile ago that I was releasing all the pain... that I was not going to take it all in and let it tear me up... that part of life is learning to deal with the bad stuff... Its soo easy to say.. and I know its whats best for them and for me... I have to move on and they have deal with the hardships of life.... Somehow that is soo against the grain of being a parent. My job description for so long... to serve and protect... and now what is it?

No comments: