Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Just ask me

So very jealous of those who can just whip up a new header--I changed mine last weekend but it just doesn't fit right and is driving me crazy. I need to find more time to play with it but in the grand scheme of things it never seems to make it to the top 5 list.

Christopher was home last night... I would drop in a picture here... but lo and behold I didn't take any.... He's doing the job interview thing... And for him its the first REAL Job... remember interviewing???? Its definitely got to be one of the worst things we all go through... you sit in judgment from someone who knows nothing about you, as they try to gauge your intelligence, work ethics and your character -all by a resume and a 5 minute meeting. Some interviews go sooo well (at least in your mind) that you are ready to stop and buy business cards on the way home because you KNOW they are going to hire you only to find out that lo and behold they choose someone else.... and other interviews are such disasters that you hope they forget your name so when they are laughing it up with their friends your name doesn't get passed around!
I think we have all been to the perfect interview for the perfect new boss for the perfect company only to find out they offer something insulting as a wage... Is there really a god?
As a parent I am finding it excuriating to wait for the "perfect job" to come... seriously just call me and I will let you know how darn perfect my kid is...

1 comment:

kok said...

hey there...know the feeling about the interviews as i may soon be on the street myself. will know in a few days, but perhaps not. still laffing at it all, one thing i did learn from wcom...and btw, i do like the header, even if it is driving you crzy ! i haven't figured out how to change mine yet, so you are way ahead of me.
you go girl!