Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shame on Lowes

I have been a cheerleader for Lowes for awhile.. we have bought way too much from them in the last year... refrigerators, grills, stoves, washer, dryers... you name it and its really been a good experience...but as of today... bah humbug!! We bought our washer and dryer (Maytag neptune) from them last August... and have had Maytag out about 5 times because the washer sounds like a freight train... this is not Lowes problem... but Maytags... but enough was enough... so Lowes brought us another Washer... another Neptune... well guess what .... still got a train in my laundry room... so last week they agreed to bring out A washer and Dryer ... whirlpool duet... (you gotta have a matching set) well seems they can't understand to CALL the cellphone BEFORE they come.... so no one was here... we tried again today... no phone at 9, 10 or 11... so I called them... after 20 minutes on hold, 3 hangups I finally got a manager who said they were loading the second truck and he would call me back in 15 minutes when he had the route laid out... well needless to say...no phone call... so at 4:00 I went through the phone maze again... only to be told first driver went home on an emergancy... they would call back in 15 minutes to let me know WHEN.... well guess what... 6:15 I called back... seems they tried to come by earlier... no one was home. HA!! and they would be coming by again they still had four people ahead of me... well its 8:50 and guess what... I am still waiting... I don't know weather to laugh or scream!! so I'll just sit here and wait.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Vicki, I tuned into your blog-because you are so upbeat all the time, so creative, gorgeous and now skinny!! Actually, I am bored to tears at work and was checking out Heidi's wedding photos (beter late than never- she is fabulous) and noticed you had a blog.
I had the same horrible experience with the Maytag Neptune !!! What a nightmare - you buy a high end washer and it gives you grief - we bought it at Home Depot and I finally trashed it after the cost to replace two computers in a 1 1/2 year old Neptune was over $600.00. So I bought a commercial size Speed Queen and I am a happy washer.
Our family has also been hit very hard with MS. Our son-in-law was diagnosed about three years ago and life for him has been very very difficult. His first episode occurred when he was driving and suddenly lost sight in one eye. He always had the vision of an eagle and could read road signs before anyone else saw the sign. His second episode was the inner ear - hospital stays and steriod drips. After that and several MRI's he was placed on weekly Avonex shots. Since the Avonex he has had two episodes - both inner ear.