Monday, May 15, 2006

Great Day


When your talking about Mothers Day- I can tell you that my family knows how to do it right! My kids never cease to let me down and this year was no different. First let me start by saying Mike invited his Mom & Dad over for dinner. My wonderful husband starting cooking Saturday afternoon-- woke up and started again at 8:30 Sunday morning.... and was in that Kitchen ALL DAY SUNDAY.

The menu you ask???
Tuscan Crowned Rib Roast
Roasted Potatoes with Goat Cheese Sauce and walnut rosemary topping
Asparagus with Orange Rosemary sauce
Salad with Rasberry Vinagarette
Italian Bread
Mikes Famous Cheesecake
The table was set with the fine china and real linens.... and Amanda and Corey brought the most gorgoues flowers.
If that wasn't enough there were GIFTS too!!!
Amanda knows me soo well and brought me the cutest Yellow T from the VATECH horticulture dept. and of course the wonderful flowers. (Did I mention she totally CLEANED my house on Saturday??? Yep Mothers Day was a multiday event!)
And then the boys.... Hello this mom is now sporting a Casey Mears T-shirt... and am the proud owner of a PINK TARGET car (former car of my driver) that Christopher stood in line for hours to get signed for me!
BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!
Yep Christopher drove home from Richmond.... and when he walked in the door he said wait just a sec... and ran to the back room... (alittle card signing???) when he came back he handed me a cute mothers day card.... and inside it he wrote that it was hard to keep a secret for the last five days.... but
HE GOT THE JOB!!!!!
Hello??? can you hear me screaming from there???? Yep I screamed jumped up and down gave him a big ol kiss!!! WHAT A SECRET TO KEEP!!! I would have never guessed!!
Yea-- it was a great day-- If you think your kids are perfect your wrong because my kids have the lock on wonderfulness and I wouldn't trade them in for the whole wide world!!
Amanda brought going away gifts too... Aren't they cute??

1 comment:

kok said...

looks like it was a most wonderful day or should i say weekend! one that creates memories to linger and reflect on...and the meal sounded yummy!