Thursday, June 22, 2006

check the deck off the list

So I'm back after a few non blogging days--
The deck is done for the most part... and is soooo soooo nice... We still have some lattice underskirting that needs to be attached. And definately some plants that need to be moved. But it is NICE--Mike has this great way of imagining things and figuring out how to bring them to fruitian. I wish I had that kind of vision.. The best part is we have taken to eating on it every night. I guess when you eat as late as we do the heat is gone and its comfortable.

This weekend is GASC-- I have to work Friday but I think I will head over to Chantilly on Saturday. I haven't signed up for any classes... maybe I will try and accomplish that today.. if not I will just go to SHOP ! I wish I had someone to go with... but I seem to be solitary in this little hobby of mine.

Did I mention that our TV and internet went out this week... Had a storm Monday night and mysteriously we lost Internet and most of our TV stations... Got internet back yesterday and this weekend Dish Network promises to come and bring us back TV... (not that there is anything to watch this time of year!)

2 comments:

kok said...

pictures ! pictures! we must see..:-) - saw amanda in the gym today and she said the deck is great and you guys already sat on the steps like you wanted...now all you need is some custom painted pots for those steps

Heidi Cocca said...

What a great way to spend your birthday... shopping at GASC -- Have fun!!