Monday, June 12, 2006

still decking


So The TREX deck is kicking our butts... Even with the wonderful help we recieved from Toni, Robin and Nick we still have deck boards that need to go down. And are far from dealing with railings...Seems that the low maintenance deck is high maintenance as far as putting it together... but as you can see my dream stairs are coming together nicely... sized for sitting, gracefully desending and my flower pot frog! I still haven't figured out the landscaping around the deck... I know going down the yard side of the deck we are putting in another pond... this will be for waterplants since my fish seem to think that I am serving them high priced greens every time I try to grow something in there... We will add a few little goldfish to keep away any bugs. But for the other side I currently have the slate path that David installed a few summers ago-- the path that now leads to nowhere due to the enlarged steps. Gotta figure out what to do there?? remove the slate?? or wrap the garden toward the deck stairs?? and then there is the hose issue gotta be able to get there too... hmmm lots of decisions....

1 comment:

kok said...

Wow! looking real good. I can see it is going to be a wonderful, peaceful place. And the stair thing looks like it is going to work out quite nicely. Is there a landscaping biz in your future? lol