Sunday, October 08, 2006

Surprise

Surprises are good... little surprises...big surprises.... its all good. After the week I have had at work coming home Friday night to find Amandas car in the driveway was a really good surprise-- A big surprise.. It never dawned on me that she would come home for her fall break (she has Monday off)--But it was a break from the norm that Mike and I needed too. We never even ate dinner... we sat in the living room catching up on gossip... giggling about life..and before we knew it was past midnight... Yes Friday was a good surprise
Being greeted by Madisons kisses, wiggling and snorts makes walking in the door a treat.
I had just seen Amanda last month-- but was amazed at how grown up she appeared. I could tell it had been a rough month for her. As she is so thin-- Unlike me stress makes her look good...she heads for the gym to abuse her body and stops eating and it showed in a way that would make others envious.. but makes me stop and wonder. She is so much like Mike in her drive for perfection--perfection in school and life--
I know over time she will find the balance-- but for now its up to Madison and I remind her to slow down and enjoy the surprises that life brings.

No comments: