Sunday, November 26, 2006

lesson learned

So another lesson learned today... Orange is not a christmas color... no matter how you try and spin it the holiday spirit is not coming with ORANGE... yes Red, Burgandy, even Mauve and pink can make you feel that holiday spirit but orange just doesn't cut it.
I pulled out the decorations-- much easier this year since I moved them to the basement-- and now have smatterings of HO HO HO scattered about the house. I decided to change things up a bit since I was doing this all alone. Amanda high tailed it back to Blacksburg and Christopher decided that traffic was gonna be tough and jumped in his car at noon-- yup me and my decorations left to our own- Where Santas previously held guard there is now a village... and where snowman once smiled down on me there are Santas.... nothing like a little change-- if for no other reason then to be sure you dust every nook and cranny.
But the orange glow.... lesson learned... think year round before choosing that happy color....

1 comment:

kok said...

What's up with Orange? Christmas decorations go good against ANY color!