Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dead Presidents

The first President I can honestly remember was Gerald Ford... Sure I was alive for a few more but I have no memory of any of them. So when he died I actually thought I might want to go downtown. I missed my opportunity with Reagan, even though Mike said he could get me in without the long lines... Not sure what was happening at the time but it didn't seem important... This time, it did seem important.... to make a long story short due to the time of year (holidays) and the newly elected being brought into office Mike wasn't able to find me a way of going without the lines.. And while I wanted to go ... I didn't want to go enough to stand in line!!
But last week he brought me home a souvenir-- The program that the dignitary's received. Very cool.... and yea after the fact someone told him they could have gotten me in.... oh well

1 comment:

Heidi Cocca said...

We went into the city to see Reagan a couple of years ago. Didn't go to the rotunda, but did see the parade. Something I'll never forget.