Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Hair

 

Finally got around to getting my hair cut. And it feels great! Not sure why but I only seem to get my hair cut once or twice a year... its part of my anti-high maintenance attitude I guess... one less then to do.. one less thing to worry about... but with the blah weather and bangs hanging in my eyes --today was the day. Not a bad experience on whole. Although at the end after the girl explained that I could acheive the look at home with a simple brush (she thought a round brush was beyond my capabilities)and alittle mousse she asked the Question--
"would you like alittle hairspray?" HA!
ME: Umm yes-- I'm an 80's gal... you know big hair and lots of hairspray
Her: Blank look
The lady in the chair behind me: BIG LAUGH
as I turned to look at her-- ME: lots of hairspray
The lady in the chair behind me: Ohhh your hair looks great!
Me thinking to myself: Its not often that a stranger comments on your hair...maybe the cut is ok....
Me outloud: Thankyou
Hairstylist-- I like big hair I just don't think I could do all that hairspray...
Me thinking to myself: well in 1980 the only hair products were dippitydo and hairspray...some things you learn to embrace...
Me outloud: More Hairspray please-- gotta make sure this new do makes it to home...

So here I sit-- alone... have no clue where Mike is-- with my new hair--
On second thought... maybe Mike is downtown... isn't the president speaking tonight??? hmmm might need more hairspray if this is gonna last that long...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice new dew!! Looks like you are ready for summer ;-)

toni

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! AND HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT HEIDI'S BLOG TODAY???