Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Too cold to type


Exactly 5 months from now I will be in Ketchikan Alaska and with todays weather it seems like Alaska has come to me. So darn cold here-- so much for the global warming theory-- now its more like an apocolypse....

With cold weather-- its offically winter so maybe we can start on some of our "winter projects"??? Today I ran out to the Walmart and picked up some refills for my photo albums... I have about 5 that are the old magnetic kind that I know are not archivally safe... as a matter of fact I have known for a few years now that they are slowing eating away at my memories... So following along with.Stacy Julians BIG PICTURE theorys I am slowing planning on working on getting these photos out of the bad pages and into new ones... as well as tackling an old cardboard box down in the basement filled with pictures that no one ever saw fit to do anything with.
I have spent the last few days researching our upcoming adventure to Alaska.. The BIG 50/25 trip as it will be known for generations to come I am sure... My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversery and Mike and I will have accomplished 25 years of marriage. An awesome feat if I do say so myself!-- anyway the trip has taken on a life of its own... the more I read the more lists I make... I keep asking my traveling companions what they want to do on this Big ol vacation of ours and the answer is always the same... Whatever you plan will be fine... If their not careful all three of them will be zooming down a zipline in the rainforest!!
HAHA! I of course will be at the bottom with my trusty camera--- Which brings me to my next little dilemia... is my camera good enough for this trip??? I think not!!! but then again... that would mean more research and more lists to make...

No comments: