Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hokie Message

As found on my daughters away message-- I think this says it all--

"we are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid, we are better than we think we are and not quite what we want to be... We are Virginia Tech"

If you did not get a chance to watch the convocation yesterday it is worth taking a some time to watch it. The spirit of community helps one to understand why my daughter is at home there.

Click here to watch and listen

I cried as I listened to Nikki Giovanni's address and felt proud that this is the type of educator that VA TECH beleives in. And when the hokie cheer erupted-- I know some would think it was out of place at such a somber event but I knew that this was a community that would rebuild and survive the tragedy. Pulling together--ever forward defines the Hokies.

They filled not only the auditorium but the football field as well. Amanda told me that the cheer started outside and worked its way in.. These students are strong-- they are our future and they certainly didn't deserve this.

No comments: