Saturday, April 07, 2007

Nothing says spring like alittle snow

Nothing like waking up to snow, as if my plants haven't experienced enough trauma this week. Since the kitchen wasn't quite a full time job, we decided it was time to remove the pond liner, make the pond another two feet deeper on the far side and add a skimmer. Someone needs to send us on a vacation or commit us to the funny farm. So all that pond work meant that my poor plants all had to be temporarily moved to safer ground. Did they all get saved? no of course not... I tried but no matter where Mike says he'll be tromping it seems to can't help himself to sit on, lay equipment on or dig in other areas that my plants are laying dormant waiting for spring to come...

Right now I am waiting patiently for the countertop guy... we could actually end up with water in the kitchen today. Now as much as I have enjoyed brushing my teeth and washing pots and pans at the same time I think I can safely say I am ready to embrace dishwasher usage again. Maybe with water in the kitchen the animals won't have to resort to eating snow!!

No comments: