Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A funny thing happened while making dinner.

Trying to eat healthier.. and having had more chicken than anyone needs to I decided to serve fish for dinner-- tilapia to be exact. I had bought a frozen bag of fish a few weeks ago but we never eat fish when Amandas home so it sat in the freezer....



Well I pulled it out of the freezer and imagine my surprise when I pulled this out!



Yes that would be fish... but I was thinking the bag contained fillets.... of ready to throw in the oven fish... you know fish. This is certainly a far cry from Mrs. Pauls fishsticks.... hmmm not knowing what to do --I played alittle , chased Madison with fish in hand, asked Mike if he wanted to kiss the fish... and then proceeded to run cold water over them to thaw them.... Preparation was beyond me... I threw some lemon pepper and ginger on them and shoved them in the oven... and called it dinner-


15 minutes later it looked done... so what is the protocal for whole fish... do you behead and betail before serving???? who knows... at our house since Mike didn't make a special request he got the whole darn thing...




Needless to say we picked at our dinner... and went to bed alittle hungrier than normal... Did I mention I am really a big fan of fish sticks???

No comments: