Sunday, February 17, 2008

taxes

Spent the day doing what our government should impose on white collar crime criminals... doing taxes... seriously doing taxes every year is like being punished over and over again. Being punished for working hard all year. Exactly how am I suppose to feel good about handing over my hard earned money when I see how they spend it???
Seriously can someone tell me what concern it is of government if a baseball player cheats? Since when is sports part of the government? Do they substitize it? Do I get free tickets because I am a tax payer? What did I --the taxpayer get out of congress holding hearings on Baseball cheaters? Will this stop the war? Will this ensure healthcare costs are lowered? Will this keep illegal immigrants from crossing our boarders? Hey will this raise social security?????
Maybe I am missing something?? I don't recall feeling the need for BIG BROTHER government to stick its nose into every facet of life...

Back to my taxes... did I finish ?? heck no... I gotta keep working on them to figure a way to get money back instead of writing that check.... But after spending 5 hours of my life (that I will never get back) I have decided to put that little project on hold-- heck April is a long way off right?

2 comments:

kok said...

you keep changing the look of your blog....ah...I like this view and pix

Heidi Cocca said...

Yes, taxes are a very sore topic in our household... as are the non-existant (atleast for us) "economy boosting" rebates that people will be getting in the future.