Tuesday, April 01, 2008

taxes

Its more of the same.. hmmm... so exactly what is about taxes that brings out the demon in me? I have struggled for 2 months to figure out where I went wrong .... why oh why does uncle sam want my hard earned money so badly? I know exactly where the mistake is on my tax return but can't seem to figure out how to make the change...
Tonight I bite the bullet.. and for a small fee I took my COMPLETED tax returns into H&RBlock and let a professional explain cost basis and deprecation to me one more time.. I think I've got it now... but will it help??? don't know... at this very moment I am still stroking a check...Did Uncle Same not hear?? I gotta a wedding to pay for!

My son on the other hand keeps learning all about grown up life... the president gives you $600.00 and the tax man comes back and sends you a personal property notice for $450.00 so really what did you gain?? just another reason to invest in Asprin...

And if your looking for roses and sunshine.... finding the wedding chapel probably isn't the place to look... as I have mentioned before even god is in the business of making money... but we do have a few leads to follow up on. A scrapbooking buddy of mine Sue let me know her church might be worth checking out, and she even let me know about another church down the street from hers that definatley fits the denomination. I spent alittle time on the website of Sue's church.. and I must say if I lived closer to Alexandria I would be inclined to take a Sunday visit. I truely enjoyed reading the bio of her pastor, he definately sounds like someone you could relate to-- although in the back of my mind I can hear my mother telling me that he's not catholic... Ahh religion.. seems to me its the same God everyone prays to... the packaging is just alittle different. And in the end isn't it all about the package???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We would love to have you visit one Sunday! (Hey, if I can commute from Alexandria to Manassas every day, you can do it one day too! (ha-ha!)

kok said...

ahh, yes, religion and taxes. what a post. I truely believe if you live your life well, are fair and just to all,God will take you just the way you are.