Sunday, May 04, 2008

Richmond


Nothing says the start of spring like a flyover at Richmond International Raceway. You can say what you want about rednecks and Nascar but there really is nothing more patriotic... Where else do you get a flyover? The pledge of allegiance and alittle rendition of the "Land of the Free???" all served up under the hot sun with cold beer?

We had another incredible time at the racetrack. Two full days of tailgating and for the first time the whole family saw the race together. I have been to a few NASCAR races with Christopher and last year we took Amanda to see her first race in Martinsville but this time out all four of us were there... Along with a few of our friends and a few of the kids friends..

I took a moment to try and gather a few of the kids from the "ville" for a photo op--- Most of these kids grew up together-- its so fun to see them as adults out enjoying themselves. I hope 20 years from now they will look back and still be hanging out together under a tent at a racetrack somewhere. I got the nicest comment from one of our friends that we have known since high school this weekend... They told me I did good with Christopher and Amanda and that my life was something to be proud of. And you know what? I couldn't help but agree.

And for those keeping score.. yup it was Amanda (and Natalie's) driver that won on Friday night -- #11 Denny Hamilin and Mikes and Christopher's driver that finished 1st on Saturday night #07 Clint Bowyer.... Don't even ask me where my driver was... Cause I don't think kissing the wall gets any bonus points at the end of the season

No comments: