Thursday, July 10, 2008

Its a blur I think I want to remember

The last five days are a blur-- and it wasn't until I got home and uploaded my pictures did I realize the rollercoaster ride it has been. By the time I got home last night I had forgotten that we had spent the 4th of July down at the lake together with friends.
And for the most part I thought I would be ok with not remembering most of the last few days. I have wonderful family memories to rely on but when I looked at my photos I realized there were definitely moments that I don't want to forget. Meeting Leela-- Is this not the most beautiful baby you have ever seen? And like all Jackson women when shes happy she's really happy and when shes not..... Well she is a Jackson girl.

And then when we were all so tired and probably should have gone back to the hotel to eat and nap Mike insisted that we all go up to Uncle Jacks farm-- Nothing funnier than seeing a caravan of 6 cars driving up the side of the mountain!! and of course there were a few U-turns involved-- we always travel in style.

And when 19 people descend upon your home the best thing to do is keep them outside! Pam had mentioned a hike earlier in the day-- and she quickly convinced us all once we saw the breathtaking scenery-- She led us all up the mountain to a beautiful pond. . Even Maizy made it... running the whole way... those little legs moving faster than we knew were possible.
(my favorite picture-- we are a force)

I can't imagine spending the last few days with anyone other than our family. Say what you will-- when people talk about good folks these are the people they are talking about.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: