Saturday, December 27, 2008

shopping

It was a long day of shopping... whatever made me think it was a good day to schedule anything with Amanda? We started out driving down to Dulles to look at tableclothes. Who knew ivory tableclothes were so elusive? When we said ivory the ladies face kinda scrunched up and said yes we have one color of ivory...SERIOUSLY???? no choices???? luckily it will do if we don't find someone with a better price...



And then we went to Potomac Mills to find me a dress. for a country with a bad economy you wouldn't be able to tell from the amount of people at the mall... no parking anywhere and seriously you could barely walk.. now I have listened to my mother tell me the woes of how hard it is to find a dress for the last week... it was my turn to scour the mall... While the selection was limited it wasn't too bad... the problem was size... apparently I have turned into an elephant without my knowledge... dieting is a serious new years resolution... I found a few dress I liked but they were not all that flattering... and then the question is do I go with a Mother of the Bride style (very conservative ) or do I go with something I like... Amanda is anti conservative she wants me to wear something "fun".... hmm... the next trip will be over to Davids Bridal-- affordable, every dress comes in multiple colors and a decent selection...

2 comments:

kok said...

the second one is fun..the first one looks 'stuffy" LOL

enjoy the fun of clothes shopping !

Heidi Cocca said...

My mother in law has been going through the same thing for my brother in law's wedding. I agree with Amanda, you need something fun. Did you find anything??