Sunday, April 05, 2009

spring

My day really started out well, for the second day in a row the girls (Maizy and Madison) slept in... ohh how I love to see the clock hit 8:30 and realize my feet haven't touched the ground. And if that wasn't enough they both were quite content to go back to bed after a quick trip outside.

When we finally did get up the day started slowly... on the list for the day was cleaning out the scraproom... after a year of wedding planning there haven't been many pages created but the room was well used with all our "projects"... well that gave way to opening the windows and realizing Spring finally came. So the indoor projects gave way to outside projects... raking leaves out of the gardens, having Mike cut down the ornamental grass and cleaning out the pots on the deck.

The spring sun felt nice... and then I realized that drinking wine on the deck with the BBQ blazing just wasn't going to be the same. Its official we have been left behind. Yes I have thought about it many times as Corey and Amanda tried to figure out where to live... and my brain always gave out sensible advice.. but today the realization hit me.. I will pick her up from the airport tonight and her obligation to entertain me is over. She's grown up and she has moved away. And we are left here.

Spring is about new beginnings-- fresh starts and I guess thats whats in store for all of us as we try hard to find our new selves in our new lives.

At the wedding people kept asking me what I was going to do now that the wedding was over... it seemed like a silly question--I have tons of magazines waiting to be read, I have a garden that needs alot of TLC , a DVR with over 90 tv shows waiting to be watched and a whole year of stories and photos waiting to be documented... I already know I don't have enough time --being bored isn't going to be a problem... its just those snippets of time that I will miss--the craziness that happens late on a Friday night like when the temprature got above freezing and Corey put up the umbrella on the deck lit the tiki torches and encouraged us all to eat outside "pretending it was summer" I am not sure how to replace that? I've teased Christopher that we will have to focus our new found time on him... needless to say he wasn't thrilled with that idea. But I do see alittle more travel in our future afterall everyone lives at the beach now except us... and maybe a book???

No comments: