Monday, June 01, 2009

NJ --we returned

If you look closely you will see the VA Tech flag... that should give you a clue as to where we went this weekend!! Back to NJ, which we have finally figured out why it has such a bad reputation... after 5 hours of driving Mike came up with the answer. NJ is like a state stuck in time. Really other than the whole Newark cesspool-- NJ really is picturesque-- lots of trees, older home and two lane roads. There are not stripmalls on every corner nor are there townhomes and condos on everyblock. They haven't caught up to that yet... seriously you look at the stores, the signs and the roads and it looks like our area did some 20-25 years ago.. yes they still have Gulf gas stations.. who knew??? I thought they were out of business.
Regardless of the time warp, we enjoyed our time with The Dahl's. They have a cute house that is just perfect for them. Huge kitchen and a back yard that makes Cooper smile.

Hardwood floors so running down the hallway is much more fun... and even a fireplace at a jaunty angle. The paint colors in the house was alittle surprising... HOT Pink in the master bedroom, Purple in the guest bedroom and PEACHY peach in the family room... but hey it could be worse right??? I see painting in Amandas future.. rental or not.
Probably the best part of the weekend... was the Englishtown Antique store we found. Oh my goodness... mix junk store with antiques with used Stuff... you could spend days in there... I know Amanda and I will be returning (without the boys) next time we go up! I wish I could find a place like that here! what fun!
So glad we were invited (or did I invite myself???) it was fun playing in the garden, grilling on their HUGE deck and just hanging out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: