Thursday, September 03, 2009

Let there be light

Lighting is getting be a key element in my house.. or should I say its the missing key element. For years I have gotten by with very little in the way of lighting and that was just fine by me. Dark=Cozy--seriously you would be hard pressed to find a place to read a book in my house once the sun goes down.. but with age that is proving to be an issue. Unless you want to stand in the kitchen you are gonna squink at my house.

So with that being said I have been giving lighting a second thought... I like lamps.. they are decrotive AND functional right??? hmm think again there are alot of ugly lamps out there.. Case in point the OTT lights. Sure they promise crisp clean light but really?? where is the imagination?


So with Ugly crossed off the list I got to thinking maybe over head lighting is what I need...


Now this speaks to me... but I bet it would speak to the taller members of the family (yes my daughter married one of those tall folk) when they bumped their head...

so down sizing???


ohhh and doesn't this just say FUN???



So if dangling out but the crush in crystal is still in what about this lovely?






Yup lighting is key... let there be light!

No comments: