Sunday, October 04, 2009

making a list.. or not.

my list of to-do's is bigger than my list of got it dones...

Went to a Jewerly party at Amandas mother-in-laws house on Friday night.. Marti and I are still trying to come up with a name for what we are that isn't soo long and confusing... lots of fun had there...but not getting home til 10pm set me back on the to-do list.... usually I keep Friday nights open for getting the laundry started.. I know I know.. the party animal in me can't help myself from standing in front of the dryer on a Friday night

Yesterday once I got myself up and moving I spent way too much time doing way to little in the way of dividing plants in the garden...digging was much too close to real work.. I did however dig out the miniture rose bush that sits on the corner of the house in the back yard.. Its been there for years and just pisses me off year after year.. lack luster blooms and way too many torns to ever be loved. Happily I decided instead of moving it to pitch it in the woods... I smiled a big ol smile as I cut it back to the ground and dug up its roots... and might have even laughed out loud as it went thud in the woods... Some plants just don't know when to die...

Today was meant to be my indoor cleaning day-- and yes that laundry that I didn't get to on Friday but instead we decided to head over to the Chandler Ranch (Kristi's name not mine) and help them work on their home improvment project... Painting the livingroom and tv room to get ready for wood floors... They have some 15 ft ceilinga that haven't seen a paint brush in 20 years and with Mikes work schedule it was a project they had been limping through for weeks... Needless to say the boys worked real hard as Kristi and I polished off some candy sweet red wine on the back porch as we watch the dogs run-- well Foster and Maizy ran... Harley(who is visiting this week) choose to supervise.

Weekend is offically over now... making a new list for next week... should be an easy task cross off last weeks date and add this weeks dates.. list complete.. maybe I will actually get to mark something off this week???

No comments: