Sunday, December 20, 2009

The saga continues...

So the last two hours have been spent at the bottom of the driveway -- Goodnews I saw my husband... bad news the chain came off the spreader (can anything else go wrong?) so I trotted down.. ok I slipped and slided.. there was no trotting.. clasping wrenchs in my cold little hands.. we got the chain back on --a big thank you to the neighbor for helping with the crowbar. My help was actually holding the flashlight--its an important job...
Meanwhile another neighbor with a earthmover attempted to scrape our driveway--since Mike still can't make it up --no 4 wheel drive is a real issue. Good news we no longer have 9 inches of snow on the driveway--bad news??? ohh how about 4 inches of compacted snow now officially called ICE.
Exactly how am I supposed to get down that? I couldn't even walk up it?? Instead I had to tromp through the knee deep snow.
Did I mention all the shoveling has now caused my back to have a twang going up both the left and right side?? Me trying to get to work is not proving to be an easy thing..

No comments: